Friday, May 4, 2007

Released

I am officially released from the hospital and have taken up temporary residence with my parents at the Holiday Inn in Carol Stream (630-681-7309 room 134). I’m too tired (so, so tired!) to offer any reflections, but I’ll give you a brief report.

Basically, I met with the third of the three neurologists; this doctor, without ever confirming that I have MS, assumed it for the entirety of our discussion. He even suggested that I locate a support group. He shifted my IV steroid regimen from 5 days to 7 days (followed by three weeks of oral steroids). He warned me that it could even be Wednesday before my results (aka the actual diagnosis) are available.

A friend offered these verses to me from Psalm 71, and I am clinging to them tonight—“Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come;you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.”

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, through your prayers, is sustaining me right now.

No comments: